The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) holds a unique position in Alberta. Every day it acts as a bridge between the medical world and the wider community. By maintaining a focus on client-centered work, CMHA is a provincial leader in mental health awareness and education, peer support, suicide prevention, and rural mental health service delivery. In a wide variety of approaches and venues, CMHA’s evidence-based programs and resources build awareness, reduce stigma, and build resiliency and supports recovery.
What you will gain from a career at CMHA.
- An opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Commitment to a flexible and supportive work environment
- Benefits/ Pension plan
- An opportunity to work with a great team
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fund Developer and Events Coordinator is responsible, generating events, and activities within the organization. The core accountabilities of this role are developing a respectful community, funder relationships, and producing events from conception through to completion.
- Promote community awareness of CMHA and establish collaborative partnerships with community members, funders, community groups, and other organizations to understand and implement community needs.
- Network and collaborate with other organizations to align goals and initiatives.
- Research grants and other funding opportunities. Register and apply where appropriate.
- Develop communications to ensure attendance at various programs.
- Coordinate and manage events in support of raising awareness and funds for the CMHA.
- Champion a culture of volunteerism. Recruiting and supervision of all event volunteer activities.
- Marketing and public relations to promote and publicize events and awareness campaigns.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management and/or related experience.
- A solid combination of skills, credentials, and 2+ years of experience.
- Skills in program development, implementation, marketing and promotion.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm and creativity.
- Experience in Grant Writing preferred
- Advanced knowledge of MS office programs (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook)
- Knowledge of accounting practices, principles and applications.
- Knowledge of financial reporting, budget development and cost/revenue analysis.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Decision making and problem solving skills.
- Diverse knowledge of multiple social media outlets
Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com Please put “Fund Developer and Events Coordinator” in the subject line. The attachments should be in MS word or PDF format. For more information, please email the above e-mail address.
The Job posting will be open until October 10th 2019. Only successful candidates will be contacted.