The Consumer Advocate works with people with lived experience of mental illness, their families and other caregivers, to find the services and supports they need.
The Consumer Advocate has the responsibility of responding to the needs of mental health consumers in the community. The Advocate works closely with Mental Health Services in the community, Community Mental Health Outreach (CMHO) team at AHS, regarding patient discharge planning and integration back into the community.
- Help with financial assistance applications and appeals.
- Referrals to free and low-cost therapy and counselling services.
- Mental health education and support for caregivers.
- Help locating affordable housing and subsidies.
- Help with landlord/tenant concerns.
- Help locating programs for mental health recovery, education, or employment training.
- Other supports, unique to individual needs.
Contact Stephanie Boland
Consumer Advocate made possible by primary funder: