POSITION TITLE: Volunteer Program Coordinator
PROGRAM: Seniors Volunteer Program
HOURS OF WORK: .75 position (26.25 hours per week with flexible days and some evenings/weekends for workshops/drop-in groups.)
POSITION & PROGRAM OVERVIEW: The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the senior volunteer program, which includes volunteer recruitment, coordination of trainings, volunteer/client matching, volunteer support and file management. The Seniors Volunteer Program Coordinator will match trained volunteers with senior clients to offer support and companionship based on the identified need. The goal of the program is to ensure that isolated or lonely seniors receive support to enhance their lives.
KEY PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for fielding all program inquiries, volunteer recruitment, personal interviewing, selecting, training and supervising of suitable volunteers.
- Maintain volunteer pool by ensuring adequate and appropriate levels of support are provided, as well as ongoing engagement of the group.
- Coordination and communication regarding required screening requirements and trainings for all volunteers.
- Implementation of the prescribed marketing plan, with the ability to make additions.
- Implementation of the prescribed recruitment plan with the ability to make additions.
- Ensure the ongoing documentation of client & volunteer interactions.
- Maintain program data and generate monthly statistics including recruitment efforts, number of volunteers, number of clients, number of matches and any other required outcome measurement data. Provide reports to the Executive Director for program evaluation and funding purposes.
ADDITIONAL TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES, COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Work collaboratively with members of a partnering organization.
- Effective conflict resolution, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Approachable, accessible and facilitates cooperation.
- Organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Recognizes and adheres to professional boundaries.
- Promote the principles of diversity and equity in all work related duties, wherever applicable.
- Is able to represent self and the agency in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated abilities and initiative in completing tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- You have over two (2) years of experience working in a coordinating role and/or with volunteer programs.
- Minimum level of education is a Certificate in Social Work, Psychology, or related field. A combination of work and/or volunteer experience will be considered.
- Strong knowledge and effectively use MS Office and technology is required.
- Experience or knowledge related to aging adults is an asset.
- Completion of the Mental Health First for Seniors is an asset.
- Some evening/weekend work may be required.
This job requires a mix of sitting, standing and moving, with a balance between computer-based work and verbal communication. The candidate may be required to balance priorities between various elements of the program.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a thorough list of all responsibilities, tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Application Closing Date: March 20, 2020
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
CMHA Fort McMurray
CMHA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
CMHA thanks everyone for their submission of interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.