October 30, 2018
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
10019 MacDonald Ave
Fort McMurray, AB
Compassion Fatigue Workshop
Compassion Fatigue has been called “the cost of caring” and is experienced by people who are in a helping profession or volunteering as care providers. In this workshop, you will gain a better understanding of Compassion Fatigue and the effects of Vicarious Trauma as well as learning how to build personal resiliency and create an affective self-care plan.
- To define Compassion Fatigue relative to our individual context.
- To gain a better understanding of the signs/effects of Compassion Fatigue (recognition in ourselves and
- co-workers) To understand risk factors and personal/systemic barriers in receiving help.
- To learn how perceived threat affects us and how we can effectively manage stress.
- To create a personal plan for healing and health while building resiliency skills.
Where: Unifor Big Hall, 10019 MacDonald Ave Suite 17B
When: October 30, 2018 from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm